NOV 15-17, 2019
Minor Atom, Minor Peewee, Peewee, Minor Bantam, Bantam, Minor Midget, Midget
A, AE, MD, Select Tier 1, 2
Non Contact & Contact Divisions
Sanction #: 8980
Welcome to the 82nd year of the Bradford Bulldogs Blue & Gold Classic Hockey Tournament in Bradford, Ontario. Most games
will take place at the Bradford Leisure Centre & Bob Fallis Recreation Centre in Bradford & also the Centre Ice Sportsplex
@The Nottawasaga Resort. Some games will also be at other nearby arenas.
All teams must register at arena of your first game with official roster & travel
permit. If you can send roster & permits by email in advance of tournament this is
also accepted & recommended.
We schedule tournaments based on where teams reside. We will do our best to schedule all or
most of your games at arena closest to your hotel.
Format of Tournament
• Each team is guaranteed 4 games.
• Maximum of 17 players and 2 goalies may be registered per team. Players can only register & play in
• In the 4 team divisions there will be a 3 game round robin format which will be used to seed the teams
for the playoff round. The 4th game will be the semi finals with 1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd. Winners of
semi final games will play in the Championship Final Sunday.
• In the 6 team division the teams will be seeded after 3 games from 1st to 6th. There will be consolation
game of 5th vs 6th for their 4th game. Semi Finals will consist of 1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd for their 4th
game. Winners of semi-final games play in the Championship Final.
• In the 7, 8, 10, 12, 14 team divisions after all teams have played 4 games the top 4 teams advance to a
semi final game with 1st vs 4th & 2nd vs 3rd . Winners of semi-final games play in the Championship
• Teams MUST present signed Approved Roster Sheets & Travel Permits or letter of permission.
• A member of the coaching staff will be required to register 60 minutes before 1st game & 45 minutes
prior to other games.
• Tournament Committee will designate home teams
• Home teams will wear a light color jersey. If a conflict arises regarding jersey colors, the VISITING team
will change jerseys.
• Players & Coaches must be in their dressing rooms 30 minutes prior to their game time.
• Teams must be ready to play up to 15 minutes prior to their scheduled time.
• Dressing rooms must be vacated within 20 minutes of game completion.
• A 3 minute warm-up will be allowed after the ice is cleaned. Clock will be start at 13 minutes. At the 11
minute mark, TIMEKEEPER WILL BUZZ CLOCK & TEAMS WILL HAVE ONE MINUTE TO GATHER
PUCKS. CLOCK WILL STOP AT THE 10 MINUTE MARK BEFORE GAME STARTS
• NO PARENTS ARE ALLOWED ON ICE FOR ANY REASON! ONLY BENCH STAFF & PLAYERS PERMITTED!
TOURNAMENT PACKAGE INCLUDES
• 4 games guaranteed.
• Friday Games can start at 9:00 AM or earlier. Out of town teams will get preference for later Friday
• ALL PLAYERS receive a welcoming gift.
• Professional Sport Photography on site!
• Player of The Game Awards for both teams every game.
• Music played between all stoppages of play at certain arenas.
• 1st Place Teams receive awards, team trophy & winning team picture on www.weekendhockey.com
• 2nd Place Teams receive awards.
• A professional organized event that sets the Bradford Blue & Gold Classic & Weekend Hockey apart from
• All games results will be posted at arena along with the www.bradfordbulldogs.com &